Friday, November 04, 2005

Pick a stitch and the rest of knitting as well


I learnt how to knit from a childhood friend who only managed to teach me how to cast on. We never got beyond that. I remember when I was younger, I really wanted to knit but my parents were never too supportive of my creative pursuits. I think it was because I had the attention span of a goldfish and I moved from one thing to another. I become very passionate about something and then for some reason, I lose it and move on to the next thing. I don't really embark on a hobby with lukewarm enthusiasm, but rather my enthusiasm depended on how many books I can find on the subject. Anyway, back to knitting, I finally learnt how to knit instead of just casting on by following instructions in a book. So knitting has been an on again, off again hobby. I've recently finished my second pair of socks which I gave Raymond for his birthday. This pair is made using wool which knits into a sort of fair isle design. I'm not sure if I would have had the patience to change colours all the time.

The other thing I'm making is a vest. I bought this pattern ages ago but never really started to make it. Here is a picture of work in progress. Lets hope that it does not stay as a work in progress. Although I still have to pick up the rest of the wool from Rubi and Lana's wool shop.

2 comments:

  1. Sticker shock
    UNTIL OCT. 27, jazz guitarist Joel Rivard was just another struggling Boston musician.
    Hi, I am looking for new content to add to my blog, If you know of or have some content about Debt Consolidation could you please Check out our New debt consolidation help Blog and leave a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
    you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
    zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
    a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed