Friday, April 21, 2006

At home today

I stayed home from work today because I'm finally admitting that I have a cold. I've been in denial for a while and keep telling myself that it's only allergies. So I thought I should be productive and continue working on my assignment which is due on Monday. But ever the procrastinator, I ended up wasting most of the day away. I cleaned my room because my sister refused to do it even when I offered her $15. Gone are the days when a cheap monetary bribe could get my sister to do my bidding. Then, I went online and replied to some client emails. Then surfed the net a bit (well, okay, a lot) looking at craft and knitting blogs. Then I decided that I had better finish off the bag that I was making for a bag swap I'm participating in. Today was also the last day to post it, so I went to the post office to mail to my exchange buddy. But I forgot to take a photo of it, so hopefully my swap buddy will post a picture on Craftster. Not wanting to waste the opportunity to go to the library, I stopped by at my local. Look what I found:


A japanese book on making soap. Can't read it but love looking at the pictures.




A knitting book in Chinese!! Very retro and not sure if I would actually make anything from it but it is interesting to look at because all the instructions are graphed.


While I was at the library, I also requested an interlibrary loan for the Debbie Stoller book "Happy Hooker". Now, although I work with librarians in my day job, that doesn't make me a librarian. BUT, you would think that someone who is working in a library would understand how interlibrary loans worked and how to find a title in a catalogue!! I had to show the librarian there where to find the title and author so I could fill in the form properly. So disillusioned now! Okay, no more surfing and back to writing that report.

1 comment:

  1. Are you stuck in a job that is leading you on the path to no where?
    We can help you obtain a College Degree with classes, books, and exams
    Get a Genuine College Degree in 2 Weeks!
    Well now you can get them!

    Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

    Get these Degrees NOW!!!

    BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MBA, PHD,

    Within 2 weeks!
    No Study Required!
    100% Verifiable

    Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

    These are real, genuine, They are verifiable and student records and
    transcripts are also available. This little known secret has been
    kept quiet for years. The opportunity exists due to a legal loophole
    allowing some established colleges to award degrees at their discretion.


    With all of the attention that this news has been generating, I wouldn't
    be surprised to see this loophole closed very soon

    Get yours now, you will thank me later
    Call this number now (413) 208-3069
    We accept calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed