Sunday, June 04, 2006

Adding to my stash

I got up way too early this morning to go with my sisters to pick up Mike from the airport this morning. I have to admit, my reasons for getting up so early were a bit on the selfish side as I really wanted to get my hands on the goodies I knew were currently in his possession, as opposed to wanting to reciprocate all the times he has come to get me or dropped me off. This has been an immense sacrifice as I am by no means or will ever be a morning person (so you can tell how badly I wanted my goodies). Not to mention, I also left the house with icky greasy hair and extremely daggy clothes. For a split second I was worried about what might happen if they were filming Hello Goodbye, but then the thought of yummy yarn kept me going. So without further ado, may I present the latest addition to my currently very limited yarn stash:



The blue and green wool is a lace weight and so I might try my hand at lace knitting. Not sure though, as high levels of concentration is required and I'm not sure how I will be able to cope with that. The cream coloured wool, I'm going to dye. And the other 2 balls are sock wool which I'm thinking about knitting either hedera (from Spring Knitty) or making another pair of Pomotomus. What about the original black Pomotomus I hear you ask? Well, to be honest I've had trouble making those because it's really difficult to see the pattern when knitting with black yarn. I'm going to pick them up again when I can knit in the sunlight again. I also got the clover yarn cutter. It doubles up as a pendant. Will I ever wear it as such? Ummm... no, I don't think so. Maybe if it was made of solid gold. Mike also got me a heap of knitting and craft magazines. I'm particularly excited about the issue of Interweave Knits!! Ahh.. my very own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed