Monday, July 24, 2006

Darn you blogger!!

I had written this massive post last night but then I "accidently" navigated away from the posting page and it was LOST!! I hate doing things twice, so I'm not going to rewrite everything I wanted to say last night. I'll just put it in bullet points.

  • I have made two pairs of Fetching. One for me and one for a friend. The pair for a friend turned out way better than the pair I made for me.
  • I went to see The Lakehouse with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. I was under the impression it was based on a book called il mare - its not. I found out when I went to the bookstore.
  • I took my car to get it serviced. I came out feeling ripped off.
  • I went to Cabramatta. It stressed me out as I have this love/hate relationship with that place. Love the food, hate the parking.
  • I went to the Aroma Coffee Festival yesterday. I'm sure I can give them some tips on systems and processes in running a coffee stand.
  • I bought more anodised knitting needles on eBay. Why do I have this compulsion to keep buying these??

So that has been me since the Sydney Film Festival. I also got a call from a recruitment agency recently asking if I would be interested in applying for a job in Melbourne. I hadn't thought about Melbourne. I always thought I might end up in London or Canberra. I'm still thinking about this. But I was reading this article in the Sydney Morning Herald today about Human Resources departments. They are truly evil and useless. The company I work for doesn't have a HR department, but I don't think this makes them any less evil. Anyway, I will have to post pictures when I finally find the USB connector thingy for my camera.

Also wanted to mention that I did receive my one skein package from Charley (my one skein secret pal). But because of the lack of USB connector thingy, I don't have photos to share!! But thank you Charley - if you are reading this.

Oh, and uni starts soon. They blocked my access to UTSonline and the student admin thing because I paid my account ON THE DAY IT WAS DUE. I hate uni, I hate paying and I can't wait for it to be over. I looked online to see what electives I can do. Nothing appealed. But it is tax time. I love doing tax returns and do my sister's and her boyfriend's returns. I just hate doing my own.

3 comments:

  1. What's anodised knitting needles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked your parcel. The next one is sitting next to me waiting to go to the post box. My mum loved the colour - is this good or bad? I have started knitting on the train on the way to my new job. I love to do this and even pulled out my needles at the station when the train was late. Promise to post the parcel tomorrow. Cheers, Charley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anodised needles are metal ones. They are normally coloured like green, pink, gold. Similar to the circular pair you use Jules, but they are metal whereas yours are plastic I think.

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed