Sunday, August 27, 2006

Changes, changes and more changes

So for all of you who have been "watching this space", you'll be glad to know that I resigned from my job last Friday. I've got a new job with a professional services firm as a researcher. I've been in my current job for the past 2 years. I was ready to resign after day one. But I persevered and whilst I absolutely love my job, the culture at work is absolutely horrendous. It is a case of too many chiefs and not enough indians. This company is classic Dilbert.

One of the things I pride myself in (okay, perhaps not my work ethic), is my ability to become very good at any job I take on. To be told that I am doing an "average" job and then to give me a bonus "out of goodwill" is just downright insulting. I would keep thinking that there was something wrong with me, if it wasn't for the support of my colleagues and predecessor!!

So now I am looking forward to working in the city again - I'll even enjoy commuting on the train to work.

2 comments:

  1. As your predecessor and friend I am thoroughly delighted to hear that you are moving forward. Nils bastardo carborundum! (don't let the bastards grind you down..) Don't EVER think it was just you, it is definitely THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I checked your blog before I sent you an email at work to ask a boring work question!! Good news. What's your new email address? On previous post, can put you in touch with experienced sheep grazier in Goulburn if you'd like some advice!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed