Saturday, August 12, 2006

Second one skein package

A massive thank you to Charley for the second one skein package. The skein of Italian silk is absolutely decadent and the other skein is merino and cashmere. How did you know that I'm a total chocaholic? I love the book "Chocolate surprise". And a knitting card!! Who would have thought?



I'm starting to feel my age. On Thursday night, we went to see Bic Runga at The Basement. I knew that the show wasn't going to start till 9.30pm but I thought that she was going to come out at that time but it was the support act that started at 9.30. She didn't actually start playing until 10.30pm. I was so tired and being a school night, was thinking about how hard it was getting up for work the next day. I'm not very good at writing music reviews (as I either think the music is good or bad or just boring) so I'll just say that I enjoyed it and will try to get a hold of her albums.

I haven't shown any of my current projects recently. But here they are (just don't ask me about things that I have finished!!).



The blue piece is a bag I'm making with a skein of acrylic yarn which Jules gave me. The pink one is a skirt I'm making from the current Vogue Knitting. It's the one on the front cover. The wool is from Bendigo Woolen Mills in 4 ply.

I do have one thought to leave you with. You don't have to work for a large multi national corporation to feel like you are living in Dilbert's world. A company of six staff can also make you feel that way. So what does one who currently feels demoralised about their job do? Whinge and complain and then do something about it!! So watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see the outcome of the blue yarn :) Good to see the start of the making of something - the bag that is :)

    Dilbert, yes I can totally relate to that. I am left with out self worth, emotions, and feelings after I encountered the unlikely bunch of arse-kissing feet sucking clowns who are experts in making you feel tinier than a peck of dust on your keyboard.

    But whinge and complain all you might - it helps to get the steam off and clear the head. You can better focus on moving on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've heard me say it before, and I'll say it again - GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE THEY DESTROY YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed