Thursday, September 21, 2006

Short break with a tea cosy

I got back last night from a mini break to Dubbo and Mudgee. After getting to stay in rather nice-ish hotels when travelling for work, I absolutely agonised over where to stay when I was trying to book accommodation because I wanted to stay somewhere that was nice and not a complete dive. In Dubbo, I finally settled on a self contained apartment. Raymond took one look at it and refused to even step foot in it. Little did I know that this place was also a backpackers. I can totally understand. I have only ever stayed in a backpackers once in Boston and it was on top of Hooters. It wasn't a complete dive but it would definitely what I would call roughing it. In Dubbo, we went to the Observatory. I absolutely love star gazing. And because we were in the middle of nowhere, the stars were at their brightest. The guy who was commentating used this thousand watter search light to point out the constellations. For the first time I could actually make out Scorpio and didn't have to stretch my imagination either. And I saw a falling star for the second time in my life. We also went to Western Plain Zoo and spent the whole day there. I would have photos to share had someone remembered to bring their digital camera. Instead, we had to use these disposable ones which I have to get developed.

I did bring my knitting with me (the Vogue skirt) but as we were driving through the countryside, I measured the skirt and realised that IT IS TOO LONG!! How did I get it so wrong??? The pattern said to start shaping and decrease one stitch on each side every six rows, thirteen times. That is a LOT of stitches. Now, it's too long. I was too depressed to frog and so put it away and didn't look at it again for the rest of the trip. However, I do have sort of finished objects to share. I have completed ONE sock!



This is RPM from knitty.com. The yarn is from Knit Picks. I started knitting Pomotomus with this yarn, but realised it doesn't look that good and frogged the whole thing. This is it's reincarnation.

Here is a close up:



And what did I get from my secret pal (or not so secret now)? A tea cosy!! I've taken the photo with my sister's blueberry teapot which she got from Canada because it matches!!



Here is another shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed