Tuesday, April 10, 2007

New toy

Raymond came over and surprised me with a new toy. He bought me a new mobile phone. Not that I needed one. Raymond has two passions: cars and mobile phones. Actually, he just likes anything techy. He got himself a new PDA with built in GPS.Umm... I thought I was the one needing help with reading maps. (Yes, I know - I'm ashamed of breeding the female stereotype of not being able to read maps.)

Anyway, back to the new phone. It's a Sony Ericsson K750i. I didn't really need a new phone. I'm still quite happy with cute little Samsung slidey phone he got me about 2 years ago.

The main feature of this little baby is its 2 megapixel camera. And the fact that it has bluetooth. Not that I really care to be zapping people within "bluetooth" distance!!

So here is some camera phone fun:



Lucille looking angelic!



Ray behind bars


Next month, Ray and I are going to Melbourne. I managed to snap up 2 mega cheap return tickets with Jetstar when they were having their mad sales. So I'm going to try to see if we can get to Bendigo and visit the Bendigo Woolen Mills. If that does not happen, then I'll have to get my fibre fix at Warp and Twisted 2007. A few knitterly friends and I are going to drive down to the our Nation's Capital for the weekend. BUT there will be strictly NO KNITTING in the car ride. One of the knitterly friends who have years of experience ahead of me once gave me a stern talking to about the dangers of knitting and car travel. Seeing as she will be coming, I dare not bring out the needles.

2 comments:

  1. No Way - I cannot believe you have all that travelling time and no knitting! If that was the case I wouldn't do any knitting on the train - it's often a lot bumpier than a car ride. As a responsible adult I think you should be able to judge when it is safe to knit - as long as you keep the pointy ends away from your friends and maybe use circulars it should be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum said after she read this post, she'll make sure she packs her knitting pins in her bag and leave them in the car boot... She dare not let the experience knitting guru know that she used to knit in traffic jam on the way to work !

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed