Monday, April 16, 2007

Oh my goodness - I had that dream too!!

One of my favourite sites is Apartment Therapy. I came across this post today. I used to dream about the unit we used to live in when I was younger but it is much bigger in the dream. I have had numerous dreams of the house I grew up in and there were always extra rooms. I always woke up with a good feeling, but then realise it's only a dream.

At lunch today, I thought I might mosey over to Pitt St Mall to have a look in Borders. There was this guy coming down the escalators talking on his mobile - LOUDLY!! Normally, I find people who talk loudly on their mobiles extremely annoying - as most train commuters can probably attest. But what made this guy doubly annoying was the fact he was speaking in really bad chinese. Generally, I would commend people for trying to speak another language other than their own, but I was unsympathetic because of the loud yabbering. It sounded like he was yelling. He probably was - at his mail order bride!! I just wanted to go up to him and say INTONATION, it's all about the INTONATION!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you know that foreigners understand yuou much better when you shout? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed