Monday, April 23, 2007

A post full of random-ness

This weekend saw me join the Rubi + Lana knitting group. I used to frequent this shop quite a bit when I was working in Lindfield. It's everything I love about an LYS. An understanding and patient owner, specialty yarn all colour coordinated for inspiration. The strange thing was that right next door to my old work was Gretas in Lindfield. Everything about Gretas was what I hated about small specialty stores. Snobby owner, no prices listed, general boring colours. Each time I made a purchase at Greta's my heart skipped a beat when I heard what the price is. How can two yarn stores, one suburb separating them could be so different.

I'm so glad that Lara invited me along. I even got to meet her bunnies (so tell me, how is it possible to fit so much cuteness into such a small package?). So out came the Hedera socks which I had put aside for ages and started working on them again. I finished one today! Will have to take pictures again.

On Sunday, there was a RYSF (random yarn shop find). Well not a full on yarn store, but a quilting store in North Rocks that stocked some yarn - perfect for "gosh, I had better get my hands on a new project" moment.



Quilt Love is in Westfields North Rocks, tucked away in a corner near the carpark entrance. They don't have a huge range but they do stock Naturally and Patons and a few other brands as well.

Does this remind you of anything?


I started making a pink version of Reid for my friend's baby... umm... like 2 years ago. Then I moved house and everything got packed away. Can't for the life of me find the yarn I had bought to make it. So I started again, but in an off white colour this time. I'm glad to say that I am only one sleeve off, then piecing the whole thing together and finally crocheting the edges.
I will finish this ... I have to. Baby Jade is going to be 2!! Luckily the sizing for the pattern starts at 2 years.

Just so my non-knitting friends who read this blog (I know you're out there despite the loud silence of NO COMMENTS!!) don't think that my whole life is consumed with knitting, and that other thoughts do bounce around in my head, here is some other random-ness:



This is the view from my office window. I was sitting at my desk when I took this picture. I love the idea that the people who live in the apartments across from our building pay huge $$ for the view and I get paid and the view comes packaged with it.

However, every 10 days, this comes in and blocks my lovely view for a WHOLE day!!



Whilst waiting for a friend for lunch today, I looked up and saw this:


I went to the Blackett hotel earlier this year for a conference, but in my usual state hurry, failed to notice that they had really restored the building's exterior. Inside it was rather swanky as well but I'm glad that they kept to the original facade of the building. Sydney has enough glass already.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you on Saturday Lien and I agree R&L is a LYS worth travelling long distances for. (about 100km in my case)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lien. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I used to go to the quilt store when it was named something else. that was a year or two ago when I used to live in Epping and North Rocks was only a stone's throw away. Wait for their sales. I bought some Naturally bamboo circulars and some yarn from them at a huge discount!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed