Sunday, August 12, 2007

A few off the needles

Lien, my namesake asked to see the completed Candle Flame Shawl. Here is a picture of it (modelled by my sister Lucille):





I completed this a while ago and as you can see in the last picture, I've still got to weave in the ends. I'm going to pack this up and send it to a friend of mine who is currently living in England. Seeing as it's going into Winter over there, she'll probably have more use for it than me.

Another finished object to show off is the scarf I made for Raymond. This was also finished around the same time but seeing as he's been soooooo busy at work, I got Lucille to model it as well:



The third FO I have to show is this ear flap hat. The pattern is in the Paton's Jet and Inca pattern book (same book as the ill-fated cardigan):



Wow, three finished objects in the one post!!

On to another thing, as some of you may be aware, there was (I think its now over) this rather nasty to-ing and fro-ing about intellectual property, and the copying of styles on the knitternet (regular knit bloggers and readers know all the ins and outs of what is going on). I have to say that I followed it all for a while with the sick fascination, similar to that of watching a car crash. But till now have not commented nor blogged about it in case I get flamed (although, how I'm not sure). But mostly because I thought it was all a bit childish and don't they say that imitation is the best form of flattery? However, I think I've changed my mind about that (umm... what's new?). I actually think its creepy and has anyone watched Single White Female? (Incidently, I loved this movie.) I acknowledge that I, myself decide on my next project based on what someone else has already made, I try to at least acknowledge who I got the idea from (thanks Pamela for the Candle Flame Shawl) and I'm sure with Ravelry, there is going to be more of the same but please, at least rotate who you are stalking taking inspiration from!! So that's my two cents worth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious that your Candle Flame Shawl is finished -- mine is still looking accusingly at me from across the room while I continue the search for a suitable top edging.

    And FWIW... Knitabulous was the inspirational source for my shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is gorgeous! Have you blocked it? I ask because most lace shawls get blocked out flat, but I really like the way yours still has the texture on each of the candle flame motifs. It's great work, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed