Saturday, August 11, 2007

Lunchtime Knitting

A friend of mine invited me to go running with her during our lunch break. There are two reasons why I hesitate to take up her offer. The main one being I loathe to have to get changed, get all sweaty and then return to work as there is only around 2 showers for the whole building at my work. (Although my friend did offer to let me use the showers at her work - but she works for a competing firm, and that somehow seems unfaithful.) The other reason is that I have taken to knitting during my lunch. I previously used to browse the shops but seeing as I work in the boring part of town, I've already visited each shop several times over.

So it has been my quest to find a nice coffee shop to sit and knit. You would think that there would be a lot to choose from, but I'm looking for one which is quiet - rather difficult during rush hour lunch, and that has a little private spot for me to sit and be left alone. The closest I have found is Espresso on Sussex Lane. It's a cute little cafe wedged between all these terraces right smack bang in the middle of the CBD. Their set up isn't ideal because it doesn't feel private. But it's close enough to walk to so that I can still get a bit of knitting in.


My standard drink of choice, Skim Milk Latte. I used to think that life was too short for skim milk, but Weight Watchers has brain washed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed