Sunday, August 19, 2007

On the block

A few things which are blocking!! Firstly, the "Feminine Puff Sleeved Cardigan" by Stefanie Japel in her book Fitted Knits.



I'm quite pleased with it as it turned out quite neat (as in, no bad lumpy sewing). This was quite an easy to knit top as it was knit from the top down. I should have made it a bit longer but I'll do that next time as I wouldn't mind making it in a different colour.

And another thing which I whipped up pretty quickly, is "Branching Out" from Knitty. I made the lace scarf for my older sister whose birthday is coming up. Both items are blocking at the moment.





However, a wet and windy Sunday means that these will take a bit longer to dry.

I still have quite a few unfinished projects but I don't really feel like picking them up again. We're moving house next week and I have to organise for a removalist, start packing, etc. I think this would be a good time for me to go through my WIPs and rip, rip, rip!!

On to another thing, we went to visit my grandmother today. She had been in hospital for about 3 weeks because of an infection in her foot. We went to the hospital but was told that she had been discharged yesterday. So much for communication between our families!! Anyway, my grandmother has dementia and has trouble remembering things. When we went to my aunt's house (whom she lives with), out of me and my sisters, she remembers me!! It's really sad to see someone you know slowly losing their memory and I'm just glad that for the time being, she is living with my aunt who takes care of her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandmother - my grandmother also had dementia, and it's a rotten thing to have happen to a loved one.

    Coming to R+L on sat?

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed