Sunday, November 11, 2007

Excuses, excuses

That seems to be what I'm constantly racking my brain with lately. Excuses as to why:
  • I have not finished my assignment - only one darn thing to go before I graduate!
  • I have not kept up with my knitting
  • I didn't finish reading the last book for my book club
  • I still haven't posted a picture of my teapot for the tea cosy swap I joined on Ravelry
  • I haven't started knitting the tea cosy for my pal
  • I have not been going to Rubi + Lana's
  • I haven't done a host of other things which I said I would before the end of the year - most of it administrative!


I could blame it on my complete lack of time management skills but I think at the moment, it has a bit to do with a reassessment of my life. This also leads to show my lack of ability to multi-task. It appears that I cannot think about these things and be productive at the same time.

Anyway, I took last Wednesday and Thursday off for a bit of a road trip to Canberra to have a bit of think and clear to my head. Along the way, I stopped by at my parents. Despite my allergies to the dogs, there is something about them that could always brighten up a drab day.



I was glad to see that Goulburn has had a bit of rain and everything looks green again.



And also to see that our supply of tomatoes is going well this year.



Having about 4 hours of driving each way to Canberra and back, I'm still as unsure as ever.

Here is a snippet of a text message conversation with my friend:

HER: I reckon when it comes to the crunch u'll know.
ME: Hopefully, I'm generally quite indecisive. Like ordering at a restaurant. When it comes to the crunch, I order the wrong thing.

Sometimes I really wish there was a magical 8 ball which will help me with these things!!

1 comment:

  1. It's a hard process to look objectively at your life and circumstance and figure out where you are and where you're going - even inaction is an action. I hope you get some inspiration/enlightenment soon - if only to get you back on the path to knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed