Sunday, November 18, 2007

Getting back on track

A new year's resolution which I make every year but never seem to keep is "to be more organised". This week, I made a start -and yes, I realise that November is a bit late!! So the assignment is completed and sent through. Hopefully March next year will see me with another mortarboard atop my head, ready for graduation.

I made it to Rubi + Lana's for the SnB and stayed most of the day there. It was great being there and not having to think about the whole host of other things which is currently making me anxious. Needless, to say, nearly a whole day of knitting produced significant progress on "Rusted Root" (still can't understand why the designers called it this!!). No recent photos, but here is one I took a while ago:



I also managed to go for a swim in the afternoon in our pool. I don't think I ever really appreciated the whole "indoor pool" thing, always preferring an outdoor pool with cool refreshing water and the sun shining above. Until, I noticed all the BUGS which also like a dip but cannot swim!!

So, in my quest to get back on track, here is my teapot for the tea cosy swap I joined on Ravelry. This is my "everyday" teapot which is a bit naked. My "save for special guests" teapot already has a beautiful cosy from my One Skein pal, Candy.



So what next? I'm about to cast on for the tea cosy for my pal and catching up with friends which I feel I've neglected for ages. Friday night saw me wobbling out of Cafe Otto in Glebe after sharing half a bottle of wine with a colleague (umm... Asians don't take alcohol very well). Luckily the family came and picked me up to take me home.

Tonight - off to Brighton-le-sands to a lebanese restaurant for more catching up. Next week sees me lunching with an old uni friend I have not seen in years (she hasn't seen me since I've lost all the weight, so I'd be interested to see what she's going to say!!). And then to an election picnic next Saturday (nothing political about it, just happens to fall on election day) and then an election party (yet again, just happens to be on that day) to again remind people I have not fallen off the face of this earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed