Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A bit of Christmas crafting

We had grand plans to buy a live tree and decorate it for Christmas - however the environmental side of me was playing tug-of-war with the Christmassy side of me. Anyway, in the end finances won out. A cut tree is about fifty bucks and well, lets just say there is better things to spend a fifty on than something that ends up being deadwood in a couple of weeks.

There are heaps of trees near where my sister lives (one of those leafy areas) and so we managed to pick up a few twigs and spray painted them silver. We had some decorations left over from previous years, so we added them to the tree.



The other thing which we were too cheap to fork out for was a Christmas wreath. In this month's Better Homes and Gardens magazine, they had instructions on making a wreath using Eucalyptus branches and leaves. Here is my version:



It's a bit bare at the moment. I'm looking for some grevilleas to add some colour but haven't seen any around locally (as in on some Council property). Actually, I haven't seen these plants around for quite a while - they used to be everywhere!!

I think this may be it for our Christmas decorating. It's taking things down after Christmas which is the real pain in the ass. Also, I think our neighbour has enough decorations for all of us. They even strung up some fairy lights over the eaves outside my room - very pretty and I can stare at them for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed