Thursday, May 15, 2008

Graduating - again

I ummed and ahhed about attending my graduation for the postgraduate studies I did. But my mother who is quite proud of the fact that I'm about the only person in the family stupid enough to return to University, insisted I go. So really, the whole ceremony thing was for her. I did enjoy going though as my undergraduate graduation ceremony was a bit of a blur. This one was nice and short. I have been to four other graduation ceremonies apart from my own and each one I was there out of obligation. Each time I felt that watching a slug squirm through salt more bearable.

Although what I did find interesting were the PhD students. Each with an thesis topic more obscure than the last. Where do people find such inspiration?



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I totally blew off my grad school graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:26 am

    Congratulations on your graduation Lien!!!
    I too, paused for a moment to think about a PhD in Info Management and then realised that the topic had to be so obscure, narrow, dark and time sucking that I would emerge claustrophobic!
    Instead I continue painting and I am enjoying learning new techniques. There is a Botanical Art exhibition coming up in August at the Botanic Garden… could be a chance to catch up.
    I still have not managed to sheer the Alpacas … but life expectancy keeps on going up these days… ;-)
    Cheers Stefania
    posta_lenta/at/hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed