Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Consolation prize

So none of the horses I put money on today got a look-in at the Melbourne Cup. The one time I actually took the time to go down to the TAB, mark the little boxes and queue to hand over my cash. I really wanted Profound Beauty to win! How could you not with a name like that?

I was already thinking about what to do with my winnings. So my consolation prize is that the RBA cut interest rates today. The money I save on my home loan next month, I think I'll go and blow it on more yarn.

2 comments:

  1. I won $6.90 for the second placegetter but I put out $10.00!
    I may also have to buy some yarn as a consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Haby G and your comments! I won my families cup sweep. I won a big hug & kiss from everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed