Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Food Affare

Another foodie event was on this weekend which saw the BFG and I take one particularly long winded bus journey to Castle Hill Showground. The main reason why I wanted to go was because the doyenne of Australian cookbook publishing Margaret Fulton was going to be there. We arrived just in time for her beef welllington demonstration.

One of the first cookbooks I ever read was a Margaret Fulton dessert cookbook (can't remember the name) so I was quite delighted to see her in person. She's very funny along with her daughter Suzanne Gibbs and for someone who is about to turn 85, she's still churning out those cookbooks.


Margaret Fulton (left), Suzanne Gibbs (right)




I also have some mystery knitting that I finished this weekend. This is a present which will be sent off. I'll post another picture once the recipient has received it.

And although I've picked up Anna's shawl again, I finally ran out of yarn. Bendigo Woolen Mills no longer make the colour Venetian. I have a cone of 3 ply in Peacock which I can use to finish it with. The BFG suggested I finish it with the peacock colour and then dye the whole thing. I think the problem is the dye might not take evenly for the two types of yarn. What a predicament!! Too depressed about it to continue, I started another project instead.



This is the Minimalist Cardigan from the Fall 2007 Interweave magazine in exciting black. I'm not quite sure what the yarn is. I bought it from Bendigo Woolen Mills last year when I went to Bendigo in their back room. So no ball bands. It was cheap though - $1 per ball or something like that.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed