Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kylieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee




Kylie.com

One of the benefits of working where I do, is that my company has a Corporate Box at Acer Arena. Normally, an email goes round our department if there are spare tickets to an event and we all madly respond to try to get tickets. So far, I've been to see Celine Dion (not really my thing, but my sisters love her) and Eros Ramazotti (no idea who he is but apparently quite popular in Europe). So I was particularly excited when our little pod of support staff were invited to see Kylie Minogue on her Australia tour. We were allowed to bring a partner or a friend. All my colleagues brought a girlfriend. I brought the BFG as he is a HUGE fan (I'm kind of glad I didn't know this when we first started dating... even though I try not to judge people by the music they listen to).

Although her music is not something I listen to on high rotation, nor something I would purposely go out and buy a ticket to, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. It was pure entertainment and I'm completely in awe of the way she is able to bop around on 9 inch heels. It was also quite a shock (and rather embarrasing to admit) that I know a lot more words to her songs than I realise. When she sang Locomotion (or parts of it), it also made me realise how old I am!! She released that song when I was in Year 4!

My favourite part was her "Geisha" themed act and it was also where she sang this song (okay... I admit it, there is one song I really like):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed