Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A verry merry Christmas and happy Birthday

This year, I spent Christmas day at the BFG's house - sleeping. It's not like I have been working super duper hard in the days leading up to Christmas. I managed to stay awake enough to exchange presents, eat breakfast, and dozed on and off while we tried to watch "The Librarian" (yes... this is extremely geeky of me and how could I have not known about it earlier?).

We ended up making our way back to my place for Christmas dinner where there was ham (my parents have a real fascination with Christmas ham and every year there is more than enough to feed the Republic of Congo), prawns, salad, and even lobster (credit crisis? what credit crisis?).

Not surprisingly, there was birthday cake. Not for Jesus, but for me. The sucky thing about having your birthday on Boxing Day, is that NOTHING (except for supermarkets) are open. So in order to have a fairly decent birthday cake, my sisters always get one on the 24th and we have the cake on Christmas Day - same every year. Same again this year.

After having such a sloth-ish Christmas Day, I was much more energetic on Boxing Day. So the BFG and I walked from his house to the cinemas (crazy crazy thing to do as it took over an hour and it was the beginning of what was going to be a really really hot day). Last year's Boxing Day blockbuster at the movies was Atonement. This year it appears to be The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - which is of course what we went to see. Oh... watching that movie made me want to hop on a plane to New Orleans and have some good ole' chicken fried steak!!

Seeing as it was really getting to be a hot day, we took the bus and then the ferry to Manly for a stroll by the sea. It would have been nice to have gone for a dip in the surf, but seeing as we're both not that organised, we didn't have our swimmers with us. So we just enjoyed staring at the British backpackers. I stared at their blistering lobster red skin and the BFG, I'm sure was staring at something else.



Movies and the Beach - that is my favourite way to spend a birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty perfect to me. Love the foot foto. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed