But because of my lack of finances, I did have 2 weeks worth of annual leave up my sleeve. So I rang my manager and asked for 2 weeks off after the Christmas break (she was NOT impressed but gave it anyway).
So what have I been doing with 2 weeks off with no plane tickets booked? Not a lot but the time has gone by pretty quickly. I actually had a mild panic attack as I wasn't sure what I was going to do with myself. However I've found that the time has gone by so quickly.
Here are some highlights of me finding something to do when there really isn't all that much to do.
1. I went for a job interview with an investment bank and got the job.
2. Went to the movies all by my lonesome and saw 2 Days in Paris.
3. Went to the opening of the Open Air Cinema and saw the Jane Austen Bookclub.
4. Went to the beach with Katie and got caught in a rip and needed help from a guy nearby (worked on my tan while I was there despite near death experience - okay might be a bit of an exaggeration here but still!!!)
5. Survived a family lunch in Goulburn where all uncles, aunts and cousins attended (despite my father's attempt at hiding but 25 acres isn't really all that big when the whole clan is there).
6. Spent 2 days in Terrigal at the Crowne Plaza and also at The Entrance.
9. Resigned from my current job.
10. In between I've been working on Cobblestone for my dad. I thought that I might have finished it by now but my attention span is rather limited. I'm about 90% done now!
So that was two weeks ago on my two weeks off (it's been a while since I've blogged).
11. I started the first Jaywalker sock using the Araucania yarn from my birthday gift.
12. Ran a doggie fat camp (gotta be cruel to be kind):
13. Did a stocktake of my current WIPs and while not completely unmanageable - still ridiculous to be starting new projects.
- Anna's Shawl - looks like the Eunny Jang's Print O' The Wave Stole and everybody knitted that one!. I'm running out of yarn and am procrastinating about what to do!!
- Only one Hedera completed - why did I start on the Jaywalkers when I've still got another pair that I haven't completed? Don't know.
- Cobblestone - still currently working on this one!!
- Rusted Root - only needs to be blocked.
- Ivy - needs to be sewn together. This has been sitting in my WIPs for about 1.5 years now!!
So these are only a few that I will mention. There are a few other smaller projects which will need to be frogged. But then again, frogging is such a pain - rip, rip, wash and wind up again - it's a project in itself!!
Anyway, this year's new year resolution? Same as every other year - to be more organised!!