- layer my clothes to hide my ever-increasing waistline;
- dress in my usual colours of black, grey, brown and red;
- knit with wool;
- eat hot food; and
- walk around with a scowl on my face.
But I think it's time for Spring or Summer to make an appearance. Winter, its not entirely your fault that I have:
- caught a cold twice in the space of one month;
- not been able to go for my nightly runs because, frankly, its too darn cold;
- stopped living the Weight Watchers way of life because hot chips are so much more satisfying on a cold night than salad; and
- left my favourite umbrella on a train and now have to deal with the world's dumbest umbrella purchase ever.
I think its important to understand that I need the warmer weather so I can:
- Start training for this.
- Make this mess:
look more like this:
Oh who am I kidding?? The change in weather will not get my desk anywhere near Kikki K perfection; and
- Get up earlier so I'm not constantly late to work.
Because I am of the impatient variety and you, Winter, who I feel is overstaying your welcome, it must be I who will leave you. Not for long. Just two weeks. I am sure you will still be here when I return. So next Thursday, I will bid you adieu as I head off to the warmer climes of my birthplace.