Friday, February 20, 2009

Knitting with green

I'm back at my usual haunt in the Botanical Gardens during my lunch hour for some knitting, reading and enjoying the sunshine. I suddenly have my knitting and reading mojo back but find that the two activities are in conflict. Which is why I'm working towards being able to do both at the same time. I am also obsessively watching Pushing Daisies during my commute to work which also cuts into my available knitting/reading time. Who would have thought there was knitting content in this short-lived series?



Because I'm still trying to work out the 'knitting without looking' thing, I'm just making a pair of simple stockinette stitch socks. The yarn is Tofutsies (that weird mix of wool, soysilk, cotton and chitin [fiber from shrimp]) and a pair of really short Hiya Hiya needles. I'm yet to work out how to do the gusset and toes using such short needles. I'm not sure they are the most comfortable needles to use, but there is definitely a novelty factor about them. It's like knitting with miniature needles.

1 comment:

  1. Are those the little needles I gave you? I have some for me too, and haven't used them because I wondered about the gusset bits too. Perhaps you'd have to go to dpns or a bigger circ as in double circulars. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed