Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Where Librarians gather to take over the world

The ALIA Information Online Conference 2011 is currently on and I'm attending two out of the three days that it is on. This is the fourth one I've attended (the first as a vendor, so was stuck at the exhibition stand all day).

Because I finally caught up with technology and now have an iPhone, I decided to reactivate my Twitter account while attending the conference. Wow, what a change this has made to enjoying the conference. It's interesting to see what other people were thinking about the Keynote speaker in real time (kind of like passing notes in class about the teacher).

I also went to the Twitter meet up after the conference welcome drinks and got to meet a few people who were twittering all day.

This is Iarla Flynn from Google, one of the keynote speakers.



I had to take a photo of him and send it to the BFG. There is a story behind Google and the BFG. For those in the know, I'm about to marry a guy whose name is the same as another famous ex-Google employee (hint: he's the one who defected and went to work for Facebook).

Anyhoo... follow me on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Well hellooooo there. Interesting abt your conference. There would have been potentially 2 or 3 other people at that conference who are friends of mine :)

    I didn't know that about the Google defector! LOL

    I'm all organised re blogs and subscriptions etc so I'll be commenting more from now on. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed