Friday, June 17, 2011

Things I've been wanting to do

Our house came with an overgrown veggie bed which I was quite keen to fix and start growing stuff. It was great seeing as I'm not very handy with a saw or drill, it meant that I didn't need to make the bed myself.

The problem was that we were heading into Autumn when I started to dig out the weeds and grass and top up with more soil. So I picked a few what I thought were "winter" veggies. Sydney gets quite a few sunny days through winter so I didn't really have many doubts that things won't grow.

I planted beetroot, silverbeet, radishes, brocolli, random chinese veggies my mother gave me, herbs etc.

After all that, the only thing that grew were the radishes:



With all my posts about moving house and my wedding, I haven't actually stopped knitting. I've made quite a few things but I just forget to blog about it or post it on Ravelry. I thought I'd just rectify that here. I suddenly felt like crocheting. I think it had to do with the fact that you get instant gratification because the piece grows so much faster than knitting. A friend of mine is about to have a baby girl, so I made her this baby blanket using Bendigo Woollen Mills 8 Ply Cotton. My sewing skills actually suck, so I found it quite difficult to get the binding on the sides right. This may also have to do with the fact that I have this really ancient Epismal sewing machine which I picked up at a garage sale for $10 and then cost me $100 to repair!



I've also jumped on the Instagram bandwagon! Here is a photo of this giant piece of artwork in the foyer of my work building:



I've been looking at getting some prints or "something" to hang on our rather bare walls so have been looking around for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed