Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weddings and the longest Lunch


This Saturday, my lovely younger sister married her long time beau of 10 years! The weather has been a bit wishy washy and we were worried it might rain. But luckily the weather held up and it was a cold but beautiful day.

The wedding was held at Dunbar House in Watsons Bay. Yes, the both of us married within months of each other. But in true Lucille style, her wedding was pretty spectacular. There was heaps of food, from the tea ceremony to the lovely meal at Dunbar House itself.

For someone who didn't cry at her own wedding, I got very teary when she got up to sing a song at the reception. We were all a bit wary when she said she'd sing, but heck, if anyone was going to pull it off, it would be her!

Today, however my lovely husband celebrated his birthday (a lot of eating happened this weekend!!). He generally takes me to pretty fancy places when it's my birthday (the most special being Quay), so this year I thought I'd treat him (and me of course) to Berowra Waters Inn.



Such a beautiful restaurant set right on the Hawkesbury River. There were two degustation menus to choose from (6 courses or 8 - so of course we went with the 8). Lunch started at 1.30pm and we finished at 5.15pm. It was one heck of a long lunch. But with a most beautiful view.







Happy Birthday BFG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed