Sunday, January 08, 2012

Making and a forgotten WIP

Today is the last day of my holidays and it's back to work tomorrow. I've had a great mini holiday mostly at home with the BFG. We've gone swimming most days at the local pool, made it once to the beach on New Years Day and pretty much mooched around the house most of the time.

I've done a bit of reading (new Kindle for my birthday), and mostly relaxing. I had plans to repaint the house, but a few days before my holidays, I just did not think that I would have the energy to embark on such a large project as painting the house!

So instead, I've been busy doing other things, like making this top. It's the Sencha pattern from Collette. It was easy enough to make, but I'm a real novice when it comes to sewing. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but I know for sure that there are a gazillion mistakes. 

Front

Back - buttons from All Buttons Great and Small

I also had to clean out one of the drawers in the cupboard in the craft room and found these two embroideries I had made at least a year ago. They are from the iron on transfers from Sublime Stitching and they are motifs by Inside a Black Apple. I have a feeling I was trying to make drawstring bags for the BFG and I (for Christmas). How lost was this WIP? I'd completely forgotten I'd made them. I still need to sew them up into bags.


The best time I've had so far these holidays is spending time on our deck enjoying our new outdoor setting. We also got an umbrella for it as well seeing as we don't have a covered deck but I had to take it down when we had really strong winds one afternoon. Incidentally, I also broke the BFG's toe while trying to put it away. 

3 comments:

  1. I love those little embroideries! Utterly adorable, and they tempt me to go back and do some embroidery.

    Sorry about the broken toe. Comiserations to BFG.

    The buttons look great. What does it look like on? Will you like wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh well done on the sewing. I'm getting more and more confident with my machine but have yet to venture into making actual clothes. Love the outdoor table!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed