Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter this year, like most years is spent in Goulburn. My parents come to Sydney often but I don't really go down to their place as often as I used to. I guess now that we have our own house, there are so many things we need to get done and the weekends go by so quickly. It was nice to mosey around the farm and catch up with my parents, even though at times, things get a bit tense. This is my weekend so far in pictures.

Wild flowers my sisters planted in front of the house. It was also the first time I've been back to Goulburn since one of my parent's dog died. Mei Mei was the runt in the litter and she was always a bit strange. My dad had a soft spot for her and was devastated when she didn't survive surgery.

Old bird bath that we've added as a "water feature"
Edible nasturtiums
The BFG helping around the farm. Totally rocking the plaid shirt!
Nephew on a vintage Cyclone at the markets

 Double trouble on the Cyclone
 
The tyres on my car were feeling a bit dodgy and I drove 100km with pissed off holiday drivers behind me all the way to Goulburn. My dad took me to his mechanic to get them checked out and it turns out that back wheels were stuffed and I needed new ones. The garage which my Dad goes to offers full driveway service, not something you see in Sydney very often!

View from the house
We're back home doing "house things" before having to go back to work. I'm going to work on my very neglected vegetable patch tomorrow and the BFG said that we can get a couple more trees (there, it's in print - so it has to be true).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed