Friday, July 27, 2012

Europe 2012 - Amsterdam

We're currently in Copenhagen, having already done our Amsterdam and Berlin leg of our trip. Amsterdam was the "luxury" part of our trip as we were also spending the BFG's birthday there.

 I LOVE AMSTERDAM. I really could live there in a heartbeat (but then that could be the holiday me saying that).

I booked 3 nights at the Canal House Hotel in the Jordaan after reading about it on the Apartment Therapy website. This is a really lovely boutique hotel with great service and just so beautiful!

Breakfast room

Black themed Canal House

Canals of Amsterdam
 
House Boat
The weather in Amsterdam was pretty crappy. It rained quite a bit while we were there but it didn't bother us too much. W


Pic of me to prove that I was really here!
  The transport system in Amsterdam is fantastic. We pretty much walked and took trams everywhere. It really makes me sad that public transport in Sydney is so crap. We decided not to hire bikes, well, lets be honest here. I'm pretty crap at it. The last time we were in Denmark, I borrowed my mother in law's bike and for the very short ride, I was in pain for at least the next few days.

When the BFG and I were going out, I mentioned that it would be nice to try living in Amsterdam. He thought it was another one of my hare-brained ideas, but when we were there, it felt like it's not something beyond our reach.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear the trip is going well. Do the canals smell - are dirty? I can imagine canals here full of litter! The hotel looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed