Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gross but satisfying

This might seem like a plate of innocuous plate of butterflied sardines. But it's not! I cleaned and fileted these little fishies. It must have been about the grossest thing I've had to do in a long time. I've been wanting to make sardines for a while as I've seen heaps of recipes, but it's actually really hard to get hold of sardines that have been pre-cleaned. It's probably because they're just really small.

I had to watch a youtube video on how to do it. This made me realise what a princess I am about cooking fish. I usually only buy fillets or fish that has already been cleaned. I really didn't know how to do it from scratch. Even though we used to go fishing when I was younger (my parents were both keen anglers), I never had to actually clean the fish.

It's not too difficult, just gross. Once you get over the ick factor, it's fine.

Blogtoberfest - Day 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed