Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How quickly things go backwards

My running has taken a bit of a backseat and I decided that I had better start moving again. It kills me that I can build my fitness to the point where I can run 10km quite comfortably, then I stop for a couple of weeks and it all goes backwards.

My last big run was the City 2 Surf and I surprised myself that I managed to do it. We did do a bit of running while we were on holidays but I kind of felt like I was cheating because Denmark is so flat.

My Runkeeper stats for the 10km
Yesterday, I got up early and went for a run before work. I only managed about 5km and it was hard but I felt good afterwards. I considered bringing my stuff to run at lunch, but I really hate exercising in the sun. It just gets too hot. Early morning or in the evening really is the best time for me.

You can see in my stats below how much slower I am! Argh..
 Blogtoberfest - Day 23

1 comment:

  1. Jill Lush6:53 pm

    I love the early morning walk/run with the dog. I've just started throwing a few blocks of running in after having a bad cold and lingering cough for 3 weeks. I've also taken my old runners into work and did 4km walking today then another 4km with the dog after work. Thank god it's the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed