Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last day of Blogtoberfest - thank goodness

It's the last day of Blogtoberfest and I have to say I'm so glad. The last couple of days were missed (yes I know!) but these things happen.

I think I can reflect about trying to blog every day for a month. I found it hard. Reasons? It's hard to come up with something to talk about each day. Heaps of stuff happen to me but not everything I want to share. There are things I'd love to share, but feel like I can't. I guess the main thing for me is that I'm currently  focused on work, whether it be looking for a permanent role or my next contracting role.

I'd love to talk about my experience in this but don't feel that a public blog is really the forum for it. Most of the things that happen to me on a day-to-day are generally work related. So I find it difficult to find something interesting I can share. Look don't get me wrong. I have a bazillion thoughts, ideas, opinions on stuff that happen to me every day. But the interesting non-work related stuff seem to be a bit few and far between at the moment.

I'm still knitting the same thing, reading the same book, cooking and eating the same few recipes I know how to make and so finding something interesting EVERY DAY is hard.

If I did get to share all my work related stuff (although somewhere blog school 101 tells me to STOP RIGHT NOW before I write anything career damaging), I'd talk about the job interview I went to on Monday, the networking event I went to last night, the different and relatively interesting (and not so interesting) research I'm currently doing and all my thoughts around these things that happen.

I don't start a new craft project everday, finish a WIP every other day, repost links to other people's blog posts/tweets/whatever and even when I was not working, I didn't find the time to instagram everything I did.

So while I thought Blogtoberfest was a great challenge, I'll be happy to go back to my regular (or not so regular) blogging schedule of posting when something happens which I'd like to read about again or when there is something I want to share with my "oh so silent readership" out there. And every so often, I'll post another photo of my Georg Jensen fusion ring so my blog comes up more often when people are searching for images of it.


1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed the almost daily posts! Love how you ended up writing about different things to normal too. Would love to hear more about the Three Stooges :-). Anyway looking forward to your next one.

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed