Monday, October 15, 2012

Ready for business

My business cards came! Sooo.... around July, my "position was made redundant" - that's what the people at the out-placement service tells us to remind ourselves. Whatever. It sucked to not have a job, but not the end of the world. I got paid out. Not complaining.

But it did mean having to think about looking for a new job, etc. One of the things I decided to go do was get some personal business cards. I used moo.com and these are fantastic quality and the price wasn't exorbitant including postage from the UK.

After working in places where business cards were provided, it was much more fun picking out my own design (ok, so I wasn't creative enough to actually design my own, but the moo range have a lot to choose from) and deciding what to have on it.

I'm quite comfortable going to networking events, so looking forward to handing these babies out. Although having attended the out-placement workshop, I can see how people can be quite reluctant to try. It can seem like you're trying to sell Amway. I don't see it like that. I see it as just making conversation with people who are most likely just as passionate about what it is you do.

Anyhoo, I am working now. I got a 2 month contract working ... get this... where the BFG works. When I got a call about it, I couldn't stop laughing because I thought it was so funny that we would be working for the same organisation. It drives him nuts to think we will be catching the train together, going to work together, and perhaps even having lunch together. Fun times ahead.

10% off voucher for moo.com here.

Blogtoberfest - Day 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion Expressed