At some point this year, I was quite prolific in producing stuff. My most epic completed project is this tunic. The BFG bought the kit for me during our trip to Denmark in 2010. It's taken me 2 years to actually start working on it. The night before we were due to fly out for our trip to Europe in July, I was frantically trying to finish it so that I can take it with me. My plan was to wear it to the yarn store in Svendborg where we got the original kit 2 years ago and go "Ta Da" - the shop has one in the same colourway made up. But that didn't happen. Mainly because this is a winter garment. It was summer when we got to Denmark and even though it rained and did get a bit chilly, I felt a bit weird wearing it when all the Danes were in singlet tops and shorts. So I wore it briefly to show off to the family. The rest of the time, it just took up precious space in my suitcase.
|Muslingbluse - Jytte Slente|
The BFG had to translate the pattern for me because the pattern was only available in Danish. It was funny watching him trying to describe terms he wasn't familiar with. But it's a pretty simple pattern anyway and is actually quite flattering for a knit dress with not much waist shaping.
Market Blouse - Simplicity 2211 and the fabric is from Spotlight (I think it's a Liberty knock off). Buttons are vintage ones I got from Rozelle markets years ago. I've got more fabric to make another one of these tops, but next time, I'll make it a bit longer.
Auntie Cookie. I have another panel to be made into another cushion as well but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Blogtoberfest - Day 2 (with 20 minutes to go)