Friday, November 08, 2013

Memory making

I can't believe that Mr M is nearly 4 months old. He's quite a sizeable bubba and I forget that he's still very young because of his size compared to other babies. So it's always nice to flick through our photos of him to see how much he has grown.

I've been trying to catch up my Project Life album which I'm putting together for him.




I've been using the Baby for Him Project Life kit that my friend Petrice gave me when I was still pregnant.  I started off printing my photos using Snapfish but it actually worked out better for me to just print them at home. It's more expensive (actually, a lot more expensive) but so much more convenient and I get to print them in the size I need so there has been a lot less wastage. I also used my super researching skills to find the cheapest place to buy the paper and inks for our Canon printer.

Seriously, even though this is not traditional scrapbooking, it can still suck you into this black hole. I've just been buying up so much of people's destash on the Project Life Facebook page and bits and pieces here and there. I even took Mr M out to Penrith to the Papercrafts Fair last weekend. He was a lot more patient than I thought he would be.

Anyway, when going through our photos of Mr M, I realised that I had quite a lot of crappy iphone pics which weren't really print worthy. I've since brought out my Nikon DSLR and am learning how to use it properly so I can get some decent photos.

All my other crafts have been put aside. I really just need to get the album up to date so I can put it to one side and finish knitting a top and sewing my quilt - both started when I was still pregnant.

I think in the grand scheme of things, we've been pretty lucky with Mr M. After a pretty horrific last year, I really do think I deserve an easy baby. If the Grand Juju up there gifted me with a colicky, hard to please baby, I would totally lose it.

Having said that, we are off to Europe next Easter, and hope that Mr M remains relatively easy. Tickets are booked (we took advantage of the early bird Europe flights) for Frankfurt, returning via Copenhagen. Our main destination is Switzerland as we'll be meeting up with my inlaws and sister-in-law and her family. I'm dreaming of snow capped mountains and a relaxing stay in a Swiss chalet. We're breaking up the trip on either end with stopovers in Dubai. I'm going to brush up on my singing skills and practice all the Sound of Music songs. Switzerland - the Vong-Rasmussens are coming!!



2 comments:

  1. Lien, how nice to find your blog, I'm sorry not to have stopped by sooner (just saw it linked on your comment). Gorgeous bubba, a belated congratulations to you all, and Po Po looks very happy! I'm not allowed to go to craft fairs anymore... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lien,

    Mr M looks too cute and a vacation in a Swiss chalet seems so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Opinion Expressed